Skip to main content

Advantages of using WordPress over blogger

WordPress Homepage image

UPDATE 2018: It is not yet 2018 but I am writing 2018 because of the new content that we updated in our recent post. We have created a new post on a new blogging platform called JekLog. A long length description of the platform is here: 
http://bigstorystore.blogspot.in/2017/12/jeklog-tool-to-create-awesome-jekyll-github-blogs.html

The question of 'who is the better' keep on coming whether it is the case of best footballer of all times or it may be the best platform you could use for blogging. Its very difficult to find out which is the right choice. What we could do is just look for the advantages and disadvantages both of the platform provide and try to find out according to whatever we feel is correct for us. I had written both the post about how to start a free blog with blogger and how to start a free blog with WordPress. 

In my earlier post I had kept on saying that their is no restriction of choosing the platform on which you want to host your blog. Many of the people directly wanted a single name on which they can go and with certain number of clicks they are ready to go. So I decided to come up with a post which tells you about the advantages of using WordPress. This does not mean that Blogger is a bad platform and soon enough I will be creating a post about the advantages of using Blogger. But hey this time let us just concentrate on the things that we are going to discuss here i.e the ultimate list of advantages of using WordPress. But those of you who had not even taken the first step i.e. creating a blog, then you must come and check out this post which tells you about the reasons of why you should start a blog.

First of all we will talk about the brief history of the blogging platform giant WordPress. The brief history will let us know the very basics of the platform and make us aware about the aspirations of the company. And what really the company is all about.


History of WordPress


According to what Wikipedia has to say about WordPress it is a Free and open source Content Management system popularly known as CMS and is based upon the PHP and MySQL. The system of WordPress includes template system and plugin architecture.

In 2015 more than 23.3% of top 10 millions websites were running on this platform. It was released on 27th May,2003 by its founders Mike Little and Matt Mullenweg. 

You can read more about the history of WordPress at WPbeginner by clicking here.  


ADVANTAGES 


Now we will try to go through the advantages one by one and will find out how easier or how difficult is it to stick to this platform. 


  • Search Engine loves WordPress website 


There is no doubt in it that search engine loves WordPress sites. There is a reason for this too. Big Story Store runs on Blogger so if give a look at the URL of the page you are reading you will find out that after the website's address, their are two numbers between two slashes and if you look at any WordPress site than you will not be able to find it. This makes the WordPress Site more friendly to the search engines and help them show the results in the better position in the search results.

Also the search engines crawls the WordPress driven site more prominently then the websites driven on any other platform. A search engine thoroughly perform a check on the keywords on the website and index the page properly and show them above all other pages.

  • Great range of plugins 


Great number of plugins are available for WordPress. Like for the social share fly board on this blog I have to go to many websites and try to figure it out that how could I place this type of fly board on my blog too. While think if I would be on WordPress all I had to do was just to find a plugin for me and I would be ready to go. Everything on WordPress is one click away from you.

Although the other way around helped me to learn new thing and also helped me to find out the way in which I can establish a share button for any blog. This is advantage of using Blogger but I must not discuss it here. But hey it came to my mind so I just wrote.


  • Large number of Developers Backing you Up. 


Think it this way, what if you are playing for team India in a cricket match against Australia. How will you feel if you are allowed to come on the crease at last with 50 runs to win and no player to back you up. And think of another situations like if you came as a opener with 100 runs to win then you will do whole lot better coming as a opener when you know their are many people who are backing you up.

Similarly in WordPress you will find many developers who will back you up and will help you whenever you need them. They will also help you if you want them to design a specific type of Plugin for yourself. Just send them a mail and they will be creating it for you. Although you have to pay them a little cash but its worth it.


  • Send your designer to a holiday

There is no need to waste your time for a designer and wait for him to make even a small change in the look of your website. With WordPress you can do it by yourself with one or two clicks and drags you will get the design of your dream without even wasting a penny on a designer for doing that. Anytime if you feel like I can't do myself without a designer then you can ask the developers for the help and they will love to help.

  • No Coding required


Nearly almost of you will say that this point is as same as 'send your designer to home'. Well yes it is but I have tell you again that you need not to be a coding geek before going out and start a blog. Many of the people think that for proving their presence on the web they have to learn long lines of code in HTML or CSS or any other language. Although it is very good to learn new things but you need not to be a programmer for showing off yourself on the online media.

  • Easy to Use


I will try to give the example of the test blog that I made on the WordPress to show you guys how to start your blog on WordPress. It took me no more than 5 minutes to publish my first post on the blog. It is the easiness to use that made it possible for me to publish the post so quickly. Think me doing it in a hard way i.e. writing each and every line of code and than transfer files using FTP on to the internet. It would have taken me months to accomplish this type of task. So, I will say that WordPress is easy to use.

  • Memberships can be created easily 

 There is a option in WordPress where you can tell the WordPress whether you want to share the post publicly or you want to share it with the people who log in into your website. This way memberships can be created easily and a whole lot income could be generated by asking for some fee for the membership. This could become your key way to monetize the content upon your blog. 
You can also ask some people to join you site for free. This will encourage them to join and leaving their e-mail Id and some basic Information with you. You can contact them whenever you publish something new upon your website. This will help you reach the audience in a more prominent way.
  • Linking with categories

Every time you publish a new post and label it with some keyword then it automatically get linked with that category and whenever a user clicks on a post it shows up the most relevant post. And if the user finds your articles interesting then he/she surely will go to find some other things on this issue upon your site and if you are having it divided it into the categories then it will be easier for everyone to find out what else they can read on your site. This decreases the jump rate and help you to get two and three clicks before they leave your website.
  • Security issues

WordPress sites are far more secure than any other platforms on which you are thinking your website to host. For WordPress you have a username and a password that helps you log into the account and make changes to your website. The people at WordPress uses a very secure system for that purpose whereas in Blogger anyone with the access to the computer will able to run it and it does not matter whether I am logged in or logged out of your goolge account. It will show up everything. Anybody can delete all your posts and you will be left with nothing.
  • More graphical with Images audios and videos

Although we can add images and videos in blogger too but we don't have many options while adding a image. We can't add a link with an image and we have to place an image in just three to four sizes. We will not be able to find this  restriction in WordPress. You can beautifully integrate your images, audios and videos to your post and make it interactive.
  • Getting information while commenting

You can ask for the commenters to fill a small form before commenting on the post. This form generally asks them about your name and your website or any other special thing that you want to know. In this way you can always check on the websites of your commenters and sometimes comment on their website too if you find them interesting. This is the way in which you can grow a superior audience who belong to your niche and they can guide you properly when ever you need them.
  • Scheduling your post 

I have not tried this thing yet but it is one of the advantages of both the platforms. You can schedule posts both in Blogger and WordPress and asks your users to check your blog at particular time and tell them that their is going to be something for them at this time. This will increase the surprise factor and will help you bring more and more users to your blog.
I am looking forward to try this out in near future.
  • Social Media friendly

 You can use amazing plugins that will allow you to share the post with with various social media in a single go. The user are tempted to click upon these types of social media share button then on simply sharing by clicking upon the URL bar to find the URL and then posting it by going to their social media profile.

Conclusion 

So this is the list of the reasons of using WordPress over Blogger. I hope that this list will help you to know which one platform is better than the other. In the end I will just say that choose wisely according to your needs and you will be good to go. I have left some of the other advantages for you tell me in the comment section so why don't you get up and leave a comment below with your unique way of thinking about the advantages of using WordPress.
Let me know if you have a blog or any other type of web presence I will love to promote.               

Comments

  1. I am one of those people who did choose blogger over wordpress! I chose blogger because blogging is more of a hobby for me, and I know it's connected to Google so it works well when researching because google advertises it itself. But, if you are going to be blogging on more of a professional level I do think wordpress is the best! That way plugs in work better and of course, it's easier to monetise and have your own blog name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct my friend,
      I found your blog. It is nice and clean blog. I myself choose blogger for the same reason. But i am thinking of shifting. I am not shifting because i think that blogger is not good I am Shifting to have a new experience. Who knows that the experience could turn into a blog post.
      Thank you for your review. I don't agree with you on one matter that google advertise it itself. Google don't advertise its blogs. Blogger is just another branch of big company Google. Google does not care about blogger anymore.

      Delete
  2. Yeah I started off with using blogger, but once I was introduced to Wordpress I found it to be a much superior platform; especially with its simple use of sharing options.
    This is a really good article, very informative - definitely give this a read if you are thinking of starting a blog! I look forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frobex for commenting,
      I found your blog on blogger and it said that you have been shifted yourself to WordPress, It is so great to know. Thank you feeling that this article is informative. I will keep posting you about the new content that I post on the blog. Also I wanted to tell you that you can use a fly box to share your content as I had done on this website.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, I will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

140 Character : No More Limit

Is Twitter really removing the 140 character limit.           Hopefully Twitter is really going to remove this hurdle in front of there users by removing the 140 character limit in June at least from the private messages but limit for the tweet is going to stay as it is.          According to a website  seventeen.com  the new limit is going to be set upon 10000 characters.  The set up is taking place and is going to be out and ready to be use in July. Why the 140 character limit was there?           In the early years when twitter was not in the picture and was not yet started some undergraduates thought of starting a SMS service which then grew  into today's Twitter. As the SMS do have constraints about the number of characters Twitter came out with having a 140 character limits. Why no limit now?           Twitter had removed the limit now to keep up with there competitors like Whats App and Face Book. Both of them have no limits on number of chara

Short Stories

This page is dedicated to all the fictional short stories that are written on this blog. i have collected the whole list at one place for you. So, if you are fiction lover then you will love to go through them. Please go through them and tell me what I should be doing to improve them.  I might had done a mistake in writing or there may be some problem. Tell me what it is and I will try to solve them. I have done a lot of hard work in writing all of them please be generous to like and share with your friends. Army man turned into a thief for his son Steve came out of the hospital in hurry and asked for a taxi. He had to wait for little long as it was 5 in the morning and no cab was there for him. He did not waited for that long and began to take long steps toward his final destination. 5 minutes later after he started the walk, he found a cab. He got into the cab and asked him to take him straight to the pub.                                                       ...Rea

My story for Chetan Bhagat

Write India campaign for Chetan Bhagat ended on 30th of August. So the time for sending the stories to TOI are over now( Not Literally, Check this post for more information). Also the results for the preface of Amish are out. As you know that I am not a very good writer, therefore I was not able to get my name into the winning 3's(Hahahaha). The stories of the winners are going to be in the book which is the part of this campaign. I would love to read that book when it is out. But I will not loose my hope and keep trying till the competition ends. It does not cost anything whether I win or not as I have this blog to share my stories with my readers. I will keep posting my stories here and keep asking my readers to tell me what is the area in which I need to improve. Finally I am going to end up in a better condition. Similarly all the other guys who are willing to post their stories up on this blog can improve too. Let me tell you how? All of the guys who want to post o