Skip to main content

How I become a Detective


          Hello friends I am here with another post. This is my 1st fiction story. So it will contain many mistakes. So, please do tell me about my mistakes and share if you like it.


          After I passed out of the engineering college I didn't got any job in the campus placements because of my lower grades and lesser interest in any of my subjects. I was not good at studies at the college time and also I was very weak in making any girlfriend. So, My  grade as well as my friend list was low (girlfriend list was not even having a single name). I tried a lot for finding a job but was unable to succeed. Worldwide recession was going on and nobody wanted this much under qualified engineer.
          

          Although whole of my family was well settled my elder brother was running a successful company which he got from my father i.e. he was running the family business. I was also half share partner in the company. But I had said to my father (when he was alive) that will never work in his company. So, It was my self-respect/ego that I rejected my brother’s offer to join the company hundreds of times.
         

          As I was not ready to work in the company. I too did not wanted to stay in my father’s home. So, I stay far away from my home. I was now working as a welder in my community repairing shop. My salary was this much that I was able to take room with connected bathroom on rent and my whole expenses were paid by that salary.
          

          I used to stay alone and think that my life will end in this way only. On Sunday night when I was cooking for myself, doorbell rang. I was expecting no one at that time. So, I was filled with suspense. Who can be at this point of time? I switched off the burner and went to open the door.
          

          When I opened the door it was a delivery boy who had arrived with a parcel on my name. He asked me to sign a document. I signed it and closed the door behind him. I came inside and opened the parcel siting on the bed. It was the parcel from my home. It was sent by my niece. Her birthday was on next Friday and she had invited me on to her birthday. I decided not to go there as I had to take at least three day off. I had to buy a present and I had to do the travelling which will cause me a loss of at least Rs. 2000 as I become ready to go to the kitchen my phone started ringing.
         

          I went to pick it up it was my niece ‘Riya’. She asked me to come to her birthday party. She started to beg me. I didn’t like that. So, I said yes to her. Oh I forgot to tell you about her.
          

          She is the only daughter of my brother. She is going to be 15 years this time. I was very close to her. When I was in the college and used to go to house in my holidays we used to play with each other. I took her to many different places. Every day we used to go to community park. She used to play there with her friends and I used to check out some of the girls who used to come there for yoga. She doesn’t anyone else phone number I the whole house then me.
         

          So, next Wednesday I asked my boss for three day holiday. He granted me but only on one single condition that he will cut my salary. I was not ready for this as I had promised Riya. So, I had to say yes. Next morning I started my journey and it took a full whole day for me to reach there. It was late night when I reached there but every day was awake at that time. I entered my home and went to the dining hall where was eating there dinner. I addressed everyone “hey everyone”. Everyone was surprised and happy to see me.
          

          My niece got up from her place and ran toward me to hug me. I hug and kissed her on her forehead and said” Happy birthday Riya”.
She said “thank you chachu (Uncle)”. My elder brother and his wife were standing behind her. My brother hug me and his wife took my bag said, “what had you done to yourself. Why don’t you come back and join your brother.”

“Not again bhabhi, Not again.” I said

“Okay, let’s have dinner,” she asked

“I am coming in a while,” I Said

          I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and face with cold water and joined them back on the table. Then usual family talks started and I sincerely started answering them. I ended my meal and went back to my room to sleep.
         

          My room was as same as I had left it months ago. There were so many memories related to this room. My elder brother came to me with some well ironed clothes. He gave me the clothes and said, “Tomorrow is a big party. Get ready properly.” I took the clothes and closed the door behind him.
          

          Next day the house was looking like a party home. And the guest started coming one by one. I stayed in the room for whole of the afternoon and came out only at 5 o’ clock. Everyone was there and was talking to each other. I was dressed in the same clothes that my brother had given to me. I saw an empty chair in the side of the hall and sat on it. I took a soft drink and started having it.
          

          After some time Riya came down from her room that was on the first floor through the stairs. She was looking very beautiful in her white dress. Everyone said happy birthday to her. It was the time to cut the cake. I was still sitting on the side chair. Everyone came to her one by one she put some cake in their mouth and they gave their gifts to her. They had pictures with the birthday girl.
          

          Photographer was taking pictures of her. She saw me and asked me to come. I went to her and said her happy birthday. I picked up some of the cake and put it in her mouth. If I would be in college I would have picked some cake and made whole of her face chocolaty. But now I didn’t did that. I don’t know whether we get boring as our age increases or we get intelligent. She said thank you to me and I turned to sit back at my place but my brother caught my hand and asked the photographer to take a family photo. We all posed for some photos and then I again reserved my place. I ate my dinner after some time. Everyone was gone after sometime and home was empty again.
Riya too went to her room. I went to her room with a box in my hand. She was with our maid ’Shashi’ and was opening some of the gifts. When I got their she started telling me about all the gifts that she got in her birthday. I didn’t stop her and passed the box to her. She opened it and smiled.

“What is this”. She asked me.

 “This is a shoe and phone”. I said and took the box from her

“You can place a phone and hide it here”. I said

“Cool.” she said and took the pair from me and shows me after wearing it. It was looking pretty on her. I spent some more time there and went back to my room. I lie on the bed and don’t remember when I went to sleep.


          Next morning I was woken up by ambulance horn sound. I got stunned after hearing that. I got out of my room. I saw my brother and his wife was crying. I asked someone about what had happened he told me that Riya is dead. How was the only word that can get out of my mouth? “Heart attack is what doctor saying.” He said to me
I was shocked to hear that I started crying the next moment but I thought of my brother and his wife I cleaned my tears and went toward my arms he get me into is arms and started crying loudly. Whole of the following day was very busy as I had to make all the arrangements of the funeral. At the end of the body was buried following all the sentiments.


          I was in my room at the night and was thinking of Riya. Suddenly I realized that I had to call my boss to extend my holidays. I picked up my phone and typed a number. I was going to press the call button suddenly a call came from the other side at new number. I was not ready to talk to anyone at that moment so I through the phone onto the bed. It was still ringing. It ringed for some time and then stopped. After some time it started ringing again. This time I don’t know what came to my mind that I went to the end of the bed and picked up the phone. Hearing the other side I got so much scared that phone fell out of my hand but thank god I was sitting on the bed so it was not broken into pieces. It was Riya who was talking from the other end.

“Hello”. She said

“I am trapped here save me. The phone is going to shut down any moment charging is very low. They are going to kill me.” She said loudly

“ who is going to kill you. Where are you? Let me tell about this to your mom.” I said and started running toward my brother’s room but she stopped me.

“No, no, no don’t tell it to anyone that I had called you, not to mom, not to police not to anyone else. Shashi know where I am she……… and phone hanged up.


          I tried to call it again but it was showing the phone switched off. I was shocked to hear all that but I somehow controlled my nerves and started to think what to do next. I become so happy to hear the call that I went to my brother’s room. I was going to knock the door but then I thought of something that what if this is a joke and somebody had played with me. I can control me if this is not true but her father and mother will not be able to control the stress of losing their child once again and also Riya had told me not to tell about that phone call to anyone. So, I came back to my room without doing anything. Then I remembered of Shashi. As I got up from my bed I heard a large boom sound. I got out and saw that Shashi was lying unconscious over piano. Piano was broken into number of pieces. She had fallen from the first floor. I called the ambulance and it was there in 15 minutes. I took her to the hospital and asked my brother to stay with her wife. A inspector came to me in the hospital and asked me about the incident. I told him about the incident. I told him that it was a small accident. Inspector seemed to believe me but he asked me about what is going on in your home. I thought he think that I was behind all this. After some more questioning he went away.


          Doctor came out of the operation theatre and I asked about Shashi’s situation. He told me that she is comma. It will take some time to her back to normal. After hearing this I lose all my hopes to find Riya. I left the hospital and came back to my home.
I lay on the bed but sleep was far away from my eyes. I thought of my next step. Any delay in finding Riya can kill her. So, I decided to find her on my own. Next day woke up early and went to my brother’s room and asked them some questions about Shashi, like where she lives and when did she left the home on the birthday night. But I was unable to get that answers.


          I came out of the home and asked about the guard and started chatting with him.

“When did Shashi went home on the birthday night”, I asked him.
  He said ,”it was nearly 11:30 o’clock”.

“Okay, was she alone ?” I asked him again.
He didn’t spoke a single word but seemed to be frightened. So, I asked the same question loudly.

“Sorry sir. I am really sorry. I don’t know I was inside.” He said

“What were you doing inside”. I was louder this time.

“No, Sir please don’t ask me that is kind of personal”. He said

“Tell it can save Ri……, It is very important to know that”. I said. Thank god was able to retain the secret.

“Okay sir I will tell you but only on one condition that you promise me not to tell this to anyone.” He asked me.

“You have my words”. I said gently.

Then he began his story………

          That night after the birthday everyone had gone to sleep Shashi was doing some left work and I was at the gate. At nearly 11 o’ clock Shashi called me to her room. I knew what was coming. We had done it a number of times earlier too. So, I went inside.
She told me that her husband never touches her. They live like strangers under single roof. So, I got into the room and started kissing her on her lips. And then we had sex for at least half an hour. At 11:30 she wore her clothes and went out and closed the door behind her. I started drinking the wine that she had left for me in the bottle. She had told me come out only when I am finished drinking that wine.
I was lying at the same position till 12 o’ clock then I wore my clothes and got out to check for her but she had left for her home. I again came to the gate and started doing my job.

“So this was the story don’t tell it to anyone, please sir”. He said.

          

          I was filled with anger, but I didn’t spoke a single word and came back to my diary and a pen and wrote the key things which can tell me where to find Riya.
·         Investigate about Shashi.
·         Search her home.
·         Her relative’s homes.
·         Telephone Company.


          I put three stars against the last point. I was very sure to get information about her there. I didn’t wait for any long and took my way to the telephone Company’s office. I went to the receptionist and started chatting with her.

“Hello, I am Ranvir.” I said

“Hi, I am Seema. How can I help you?” she asked me sweetly.

“Can you tell me from where did I got this last call at night?” I asked

“Oh, Do you have any problem with the user”. She asked me

“No, no I was just curious”. I said and smiled.

“What do you mean, you are curious. If anyone who become curious comes to s than we will have a very big problem here to handle them all. Sorry, I can’t help you.” She replied.

“It’s very important, mam please mam, Just do something.”  I pleaded her.

“Okay, let me talk to my boss”. She said and picked up her phone.

“No, no, no don’t tell this to anyone please”. I said this by holding her hand which was stopping her from calling her.


          She lost all her anger as I did this and asked me to come with her. I followed her into a room where many computer operators were sitting and doing their job on their computers. She talked with one of the operator and shows her something in my phone. The operator typed some keys into the keyboard and said something to Seema and she came back to me.

“This call came to you from this district only”. She said and smiled.

“What, I know that. What about the details?” I asked her again.

“These are the full details. We can’t do anything else for you. This is the only help we can provide to you.” She said with some anger.


          I turned to come back. She stopped me and gave me her card and asked me to call her. I took the card and put it inside my pocket. I came out of the center and sat on the bench of the bus stop. I opened my diary and cut the last point.
Lot of things started to come into my mind like what if she is already dead. I don’t know anything. Suddenly I started to remember earlier memories with Riya. How I used to play with her, how we used to enjoyed, she must be in danger, she must be waiting for me, I am her last hope. She believed in me, I have to keep her hope.


          After all those memory session I was filled with some new power and sound came to me from inside that I can find her I can definitely find her.. The next moment I was trying to find Shashi’s home. I found it in a place that was half kilometer away from my home. I saw a small colony. There was a lots of garbage here and there. This colony made me remember everything of my conditions.


          I found her home on the first floor of that dirty building. I got there and found two children playing inside. I asked them about their father and also asked them about the time when her mother came home after the birthday night. They told me that they knew nothing but their father must know something. The searched the home but was unable to find any traces of Riya. Next moment I was out of the house and marching toward a cloth factory where Shashi’s husband worked.


          I reached the factory after sometime and asked the manager to bring the man. I started waiting for him in the factory. It was like I was standing in a school and it had just ended. There was a lot of noise in the factory everybody had to shout to tell the others what they wanted. A man arrived and said hello and said that he was Shashi’s husband. I requested him to come out of the factory as it was getting very difficult to stand there.

He agreed with me and came out so we can have a small chat.

“How do you work here? There is so much of noise there.” I asked him.

“We have to do it for money, for family sir.” He explained

“Okay, now tell me about your wife like how was she in daily life.” I asked again.

“ It is not good to anything like this about your own wife to anyone but yes, it is true that she is a characterless lady. She had sexual links with many of the guys around. I had caught her many times spending time with other guys. She had relations with a taxi driver who lives next to our home. I caught both of them some days ago at their home making love.” He explained

“ I see. When did she come home on the Friday night?” i again asked.

“ I had woken up when she came. So, it must be anything after six. She told me that madam had said me to stay at the home.” He answered.

“Okay, thank you for your time. Just give me your contact number if I need you” I took the contact number and left that place. I was walking and thinking about Shashi. Where could she be for this much gap of 6 hours? Riya can only be found if I am able to find where Shashi was for this time gap.      


          I went to a park and sat in silence for 10 minutes. This helped me to think. How can I know where she could be? How, how, how? I was unable to see anything. I was in the center of a long dark den. There was no hope of me getting out. No matter how much I try. It is not going to change anything.


          I closed my eyes and let me go deep inside me to find the answers. I saw Shashi with my little niece. Riya is unconscious so, she needs to give her support to move. But Riya is not heavy that she could take her to too much far on foot. So, she needs a vehicle. But Shashi is not rich that she can arrange for it. But she can arrange for taxi.
I opened my eyes and started walking here and there. Whose taxi can be it. There are thousands of taxis in the city. How can I found only that taxi in which Shashi went with my little niece? I went home again. I had an answer but it was not complete. I was going up to my room in my home. When I saw a small room at the side of the kitchen whose door was open.


          I got inside and saw that it was a small untidy room. There was no source for external light in the room. So I switched on the light. I saw a small bag at the side of the bed. After seeing that bag properly and searching inside I was able to confirm that it was Shashi’s bag. I started checking the box like that it was the tool for my freedom.


          I found some items of make-up and some documents which were not helping me any of the way. Then I saw a small zip. I opened it and put my hand inside the pocket. I found something that can be helpful. It was a phone. I throw the bag and came to my room with the phone. The phone was uncharged so, I plugged in the charger and waited for some time. when it got sufficiently charged then I switched it on and then I directly went to gallery. I saw a picture of Shashi in front of a taxi.


          It can be the answer to my questions. It was a bullet hit in dark it can hit the target or it can be a miss. But this was the only plan that I had. So, without thinking I decided to find the taxi driver. I picked up the phone and called Shashi’s husband the ring started ringing. I had Shashi’s phone in my hand. I went to the log option and check the calling list. It was taxi written on the name option. I cut the call and noted that number and called from my number.

The phone rang for some time and then he started talking.

“ Hello, who is this.” He asked

“Hello, are you a cab driver?” I asked

“yes, what do want.” He asked

“I need a ride. Could you bring it here.” I asked again.

“yes, just send me a message. I will bring it on.” He said

“okay, bye” I said and cut the phone.

I cut the phone and sent an address of our neighbors. I waited for some time and then taxi was there. I get in and he took me away.

“so, tell me where you want to go?” he asked

“To the same place where you had taken Shashi with you, Friday night.” I said

“Okay, but why you want to go there?” he said

“She had left something for me over there. I just have to pick it up.” I said


          Then he drove to a far off place and stopped in front of a small building in the forest. I looked toward him with questioning looks to which he told me that he had brought her here. I get out of the taxi and walked toward the house. I was so scared to go inside the home. I reached the front door and saw that it was locked. I tried to break the lock. But was unable to do that. So I picked up a stone from the garden and directed it toward the lock. It broken into pieces. I opened the door and went inside. It was dark inside the room. So, I switched on the light. Then what I saw was unbearable. There was lots of blood on the floor and it was wet. I saw Riya’s clothes lying at the corner of the room. I picked them up and started checking them. It was a white dress but was looking red which it had got from the blood on the floor. I sat down and started crying with the dress in my hand. I keep on crying till I reached the taxi. Then I sat inside the cab and we arrived back to the home. I gave him the money and then he went away with his cab.


          I got into the room and started to cry again. I had cried to hear her first death. But now, I cried to my last limit. I had not slept for 2 days now. So, I was ready to fall any moment now. I saw Shashi’s phone lying at the bed. I was getting irritated by that phone so threw the phone away. It breaks into pieces. I didn’t felt good for this. So, I got up and collected the broken pieces with my hands.


          I stood up and took the phone to Shashi’s room. I switched on the light and saw the bag and the things in it lying on the bed. I saw a large key. I remembered that key. It was our farm-house’s front door keys but what were they doing with Shashi. Our farm was a kilometer away from our home. I took the key and started walking toward the farm-house. I was not able to check the time it was very late. It was no moon day and darkness was a little more than the normal days. Any strange voice was able to make my teeth tremble. I was moving steadily toward my location.


          I reached after 15 minutes. I took the key and opened the front door. It was full dark inside. I main hall was full of dirt. It feel like I was first to open it in years. I used to come here with my brother and we used to play hide and seek. He always founded me because I always hide in the same room that was the store room. I moved forward to open the door of the store room.


          I opened it and my heart started to sink. I tried to cry but I was sort in tears. I tried to shout but my voice seemed to be not there. The only thing that I could do was to get onto my knees and fell down. I remain quiet for some time my eyes were seeing the beautiful girls who had her birthday last Friday. Her dead body was lying in front of my eyes.


          She was facing me her dead face seemed calm. It seemed that she was satisfied of her life and was thanking god for whatever he had given to her. I was unable to move from my position. There was dead silence in the room. I could only feel the sound of my inhaling. Why the god did it to her? Oh god, please pick me up and send her down from heaven.


          I stopped to inhale for some time. But I could still hear a sound. I could not concentrate but it was inhaling sound. I gathered all my strength and reached the body crawling. She was still breathing. I slapped her tightly and she woke. She was tied with chain. I opened it. She was free now. She went to a room and found some water to drink. I told her that it was too much dark outside so we will go to home tomorrow. She agreed and went to the other room to sleep properly. I didn’t had the strength to stand so made my sleeping place on the floor.



           I could say that this was the best sleep I could get in years. It was like I had attained the thing that I wanted. I got to know the real story when Shashi health was regained. I will tell you that in my next post. Do comment on this......  







Comments

  1. please leave your valuable comments........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you rajat sharma. thanks for sharing. do read my next posts and stay connected

      ranvir singh

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

140 Character : No More Limit

Is Twitter really removing the 140 character limit.           Hopefully Twitter is really going to remove this hurdle in front of there users by removing the 140 character limit in June at least from the private messages but limit for the tweet is going to stay as it is.          According to a website  seventeen.com  the new limit is going to be set upon 10000 characters.  The set up is taking place and is going to be out and ready to be use in July. Why the 140 character limit was there?           In the early years when twitter was not in the picture and was not yet started some undergraduates thought of starting a SMS service which then grew  into today's Twitter. As the SMS do have constraints about the number of characters Twitter came out with having a 140 character limits. Why no limit now?           Twitter had removed the limit now to keep up with there competitors like Whats App and Face Book. Both of them have no limits on number of chara

Short Stories

This page is dedicated to all the fictional short stories that are written on this blog. i have collected the whole list at one place for you. So, if you are fiction lover then you will love to go through them. Please go through them and tell me what I should be doing to improve them.  I might had done a mistake in writing or there may be some problem. Tell me what it is and I will try to solve them. I have done a lot of hard work in writing all of them please be generous to like and share with your friends. Army man turned into a thief for his son Steve came out of the hospital in hurry and asked for a taxi. He had to wait for little long as it was 5 in the morning and no cab was there for him. He did not waited for that long and began to take long steps toward his final destination. 5 minutes later after he started the walk, he found a cab. He got into the cab and asked him to take him straight to the pub.                                                       ...Rea

Big Stories

Welcome to the big stories page of this website. Here you will find all the posts that were related to Top news headlines of that times. The posts are in the descending order of their established dates. Finally Prison Break is back  Preface of Write India campaign by Chetan Bhagat Preface for write India campaign by Amish Finally 1993 Mumbai bomber hanged Write and Win 10 Greatest Quotes by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Now Anushka commits the same mistake South African tour to India Announced Kim Kardashian post on twitter made CEO to respond Curfew in Jamshedpur: Steel city turned rough Hit of Ram Chandra Series 140 Character : No More Limit 5 Crores in one Day. Angry Birds : The Movie 62 deaths per match. 7 main advantages that Gold monetization scheme is going to offer Letter by one year old Prime Minister